Need help with decisions for DPT programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weitogo92

Reaction score
I live in Georgia, but I didn't apply to any Georgia schools. I would have loved to stay in Georgia and attend PT school there but I put myself at a disadvantage applying late. I also didn't qualify with the perquisites and I missed the deadline, so I applied to schools that had a later deadline and I had family or friends nearby.

I am deciding between the following programs that I have been accepted into or have interviews for and if anyone could share any feedback or advice: USC, Columbia University, George Washington University, Regis University.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I live in Georgia, but I didn't apply to any Georgia schools. I would have loved to stay in Georgia and attend PT school there but I put myself at a disadvantage applying late. I also didn't qualify with the perquisites and I missed the deadline, so I applied to schools that had a later deadline and I had family or friends nearby.

I am deciding between the following programs that I have been accepted into or have interviews for and if anyone could share any feedback or advice: USC, Columbia University, George Washington University, Regis University.

Thank you!
USC is super-crazy expensive and surrounded by complete ghetto. It will also take you forever to drive in/out of that area because it is the center of LA traffic.

Honestly if I was you I would go based on feeling! Which program had the best curriculum? With an estimate, which program was the cheapest? Where did you feel the most comfortable? Did you like faculty and staff? Did you have a good conversations with current students from that program? I think those are very important questions that will help you make a decision. I interviewed with several programs where I loved the curriculum but unfortunately after the interview I didn’t really have a good vibe with the current students/didn’t feel it would be a good fit for me. In the end, you will be there for 3 years and it needs to be a place where you will be happy to live and not miserable on top of the hard efforts you will have to put in for school. So those are just a few things I would think about if I was you :)