xxatti

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status
My situation is that Im going to be attending medschool overseas. The problem is that my school is not approved for federal aid, so I need to find another loan option. The thing is that all of the student loans I've come across do not offer loan options for non US schools. And the ones that do, only offer it for a very select few schools.

So my question is does anyone know of a lender that would give me a loan, given my current situation? Any advice is appreciated.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
xxatti said:
My situation is that Im going to be attending medschool overseas. The problem is that my school is not approved for federal aid, so I need to find another loan option. The thing is that all of the student loans I've come across do not offer loan options for non US schools. And the ones that do, only offer it for a very select few schools.

So my question is does anyone know of a lender that would give me a loan, given my current situation? Any advice is appreciated.
You might want to visit valuemd.com. It caters to those applying to the Caribbeans and other countries. Good luck.

Buckeye(OH)

5K+ Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I was unaware that this was a problem. Interesting. Hopefully there is a suitable alternative.

OP
xxatti

xxatti

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status
FutureDocDO said:
You might want to visit valuemd.com. It caters to those applying to the Caribbeans and other countries. Good luck.
Yes, but some of the Caribbean schools are eligible for federal aid. And I do know of lenders that will issue private loans for Caribbean schools.

About the Ads