need help with medical schools in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhelp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a newbie to this site, seems very helpful!
I am plannig to immigrate to Canada, and I have few questions reagrding med schools requirements:

I am currently on my 2nd year of BS here in the states, I would like to finish a bachlors degree in nursing anf then go into med school. My question is can I go to college which grants baccalurete degree and then apply for med school, or is it absolutely necessary for me to go to University to get my BS?

Here in the states, Community colleges do not offer 4 year degrees, but when I was looking for schools in Canada, some colleges do have 4 year degrees. Does it really matter where I finish my 4 year degree?

I was looking at university of Toronto, and I think somewhere in there they have mentioned " courses should be university level". Please help me whether or not I can go to college ( Humber in Toronto, Mount Royal college in Calgary etc) and get my 4 years and then go to med school?

Thanks a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am a newbie to this site, seems very helpful!
I am plannig to immigrate to Canada, and I have few questions reagrding med schools requirements:

I am currently on my 2nd year of BS here in the states, I would like to finish a bachlors degree in nursing anf then go into med school. My question is can I go to college which grants baccalurete degree and then apply for med school, or is it absolutely necessary for me to go to University to get my BS?

Here in the states, Community colleges do not offer 4 year degrees, but when I was looking for schools in Canada, some colleges do have 4 year degrees. Does it really matter where I finish my 4 year degree?

I was looking at university of Toronto, and I think somewhere in there they have mentioned " courses should be university level". Please help me whether or not I can go to college ( Humber in Toronto, Mount Royal college in Calgary etc) and get my 4 years and then go to med school?

Thanks a lot!!

To get into medical school in Canada you must attend one of the Universities. "Colleges" in Canada are second tier and cannot be used for an application to medical school.

So yea, apply to Universities. They are not that hard to get into.