Step II Need help with Patient notes please

Started by FA2014
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FA2014

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please help if you passed CS recently or received high score on ICE section.

1- Did you use any abbreviations in your denial section?
Is it ok to write on PN: *denies N/V, changes in GU AND GI symptoms*

or does it have to be *denies NAUSEA, VOMITING, changes in bowel movement and urination*?

2- Do we spell out all these terms for main ddx? Such as IBD - IBS - MDD -DVT - SLE- UTI - PKD - RCC - PSGN - BPH?

3- Is it ok to go for 2 ddx in all cases?

4- If one of the VS is abnormal do I copy and paste all of the VS on the PN? Do I have to mention tachycardia, bradycardia, HTN ..

5 - If pt wants letter to be excused from work due to joint pain, do I say after physical exam I may give you a letter. And if they are in pain on physical exam is it ok to say " I will come back and give you a letter since you are in pain"?
when do I deny the letter and how do I handle it?
 
Last edited:
Please help if you passed CS recently or received high score on ICE section.

1- Did you use any abbreviations in your denial section?
Is it ok to write on PN: *denies changes in GU and GI symptoms*
or does it have to be *denies changes in bowel movement and urinary symptoms*?

If my PN only has GU, GI, N/V, abbreviation and rest all typed, will my PN grade go down?

2- Do we spell out all these terms for main ddx? Such as IBD - IBS - MDD -DVT - SLE- UTI - PKD - RCC - PSGN - BPH?

3- Is it ok to go for 2 ddx in all cases?

4- If one of the VS is abnormal do I copy and paste all of the VS on the PN? Do I have to mention tachycardia, bradycardia, HTN ..

5 - If pt wants letter to be excused from work due to joint pain, do I say after physical exam I may give you a letter. And if they are in pain on physical exam is it ok to say " I will come back and give you a letter since you are in pain"?
when do I deny the letter and how do I handle it?

2. i 'd just spell them out maybe you can get away with SLE, DVT, and UTI but i'd ake sure to spell out the rest

3. go for 3

4. try copy/pasting all the vital sigs real quick. practice it on the patient note software

5. say "mr. bla bla i understand you are in a lot of pain. Let me complete the physical exam, and once we are done i'll be more than happy to write you a letter for your employer. how does that sound?"
 
2. i 'd just spell them out maybe you can get away with SLE, DVT, and UTI but i'd ake sure to spell out the rest

3. go for 3

4. try copy/pasting all vital sigs real quick. practice it on the patient note software

5. say "mr. bla bla i understand you are in a lot of pain. Let me complete the physical exam, and once we are done i'll be more than happy to write you a letter for your employer. how does that sound?"

Thank you so much! ...

#4---- Copy and paste all the VS even if all of them are normal instead of just writing WNL?

For #5----So at the end I can say that I will give you a note requesting for reduced work load instead of leave from work?

For #3 ---If I'm running out of time and I can either type the 3rd ddx or the PE, I plan on completing my PE instead of going for 3 ddx. What do you think? 3 ddx without PE or 2 with PE?
 
Last edited: