Need Help With Pharmacy Application Essay Questions.

Started by LoLo85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LoLo85

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've applied to Pacific University twice now and didn't get accepted. They said I needed to work on my writing skills on my essay. When I e-mailed the school the only thing they said was to keep my paper between 1-2 pages in length, which I did.
So I am confused about what they are looking for in the essay questions, Especially the one about why you choose pharmacy.
For those who got accepted, can you help me please.
 
I've applied to Pacific University twice now and didn't get accepted. They said I needed to work on my writing skills on my essay. When I e-mailed the school the only thing they said was to keep my paper between 1-2 pages in length, which I did.
So I am confused about what they are looking for in the essay questions, Especially the one about why you choose pharmacy.
For those who got accepted, can you help me please.
Well the answer to the question is different for everyone, but from what it sounds like your downfall is your grammar, not content when they say you need to work on your writing skills.
 
Brainstorm and rewrite. Do a search of some of my old posts. Someone asked me the same question previously.

When they ask you "why you want to be pharmacist", tell them what values and traits that are important to you, and how it can be applied to a career in pharmacy. You can talk about how pharmacists have mentored you or were your role models. You can talk about how the profession drove you to become a better person by striving for good grades and volunteering. You can tell them what you see yourself doing, what communities you will be serving. Also, read the school's mission statement. It gives you hints in what qualities they want from the students they admit.

My PS statement was divided into 4 parts: I said I wanted to be a pharmacist because of: 1. academic experience, 2. professional experience, 3. personal experience, and 4. what I wanted to do, where I wanted to do it, and how I planned on doing it.

or

You can do what everybody else writes, about how they overcome some personal tragedy or witness some personal tragedy and somehow medicine and pharmacists came and save the day. Note: I hope you sense my sarcasm.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey OP do you mind telling us ur GPA and PCAT score? I'm kind of worry about my personal statement too. I been wondering if a bad personal statement would get you rejected even with good scores on pcat and GPA and ECs.
 
Brainstorm and rewrite. Do a search of some of my old posts. Someone asked me the same question previously.

When they ask you "why you want to be pharmacist", tell them what values and traits that are important to you, and how it can be applied to a career in pharmacy. You can talk about how pharmacists have mentored you or were your role models. You can talk about how the profession drove you to become a better person by striving for good grades and volunteering. You can tell them what you see yourself doing, what communities you will be serving. Also, read the school's mission statement. It gives you hints in what qualities they want from the students they admit.

My PS statement was divided into 4 parts: I said I wanted to be a pharmacist because of: 1. academic experience, 2. professional experience, 3. personal experience, and 4. what I wanted to do, where I wanted to do it, and how I planned on doing it.

or

You can do what everybody else writes, about how they overcome some personal tragedy or witness some personal tragedy and somehow medicine and pharmacists came and save the day. Note: I hope you sense my sarcasm.

I agree with mrblah (he's full of good advice). The points he mentioned are the key points I've addressed in my essay. I would consider changing your essay entirely if you received criticism on your essay both years. Is there anyone that can proof read the essay for you? It might not only be essay content, but also the structure of the essay. Good luck, hopefully this year will be the year you get in!
 
hey OP do you mind telling us ur GPA and PCAT score? I'm kind of worry about my personal statement too. I been wondering if a bad personal statement would get you rejected even with good scores on pcat and GPA and ECs.


Unfortunately it most certainly can. And vice versa, an awesome personal statement can get you in the door even if you have crappy stats.