Need help with school list: 3.8, 515

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DElog24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I made up a school list but wanted some feedback if there are any I should add/drop. Thanks so much for all the help!

GPA: 3.8 (both science and cumulative)

MCAT: 515 (129/128/131/127)

Undergrad: Stony Brook, biochem major, graduated Dec 2017

Residence: NY

ORM: White male

Research: 1000+ hours working in a cancer lab. One second author publication. Received an award one summer that came with funding for full-time research

Clinical volunteering: 400 hours with American Cancer Society driving cancer patients to treatment. 100 hours of hospice volunteering. 220 hours emergency department volunteering

Nonclinical volunteering: 40 hours volunteering teaching kids with autism skateboarding (big skateboarder myself). Would have more but I seriously thought driving cancer patients was nonclinical since I myself was not in a clinic.. but I recently learned if it's with patients it's clinical.

Shadowing: 60 hours across 3 different specialities

Other ECs: Big musician, played drums in bands all through school and have gone on several national tours, recorded professional albums, etc. I mentioned this in my app

Played in both marching and pep band at my school

Teach drum lessons to the child of a neighbor

TA for biochem one semester

Currently: Working full-time as research tech in the same lab I worked in during undergrad

Schools: I used the MSAR and came up with I think is a pretty solid school list but would appreciate any help!

All the SUNYs
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Rochester
Drexel
Seton Hall
NOVA MD
Vermont
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan