Need help with school list!! Applying next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych817

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm applying next cycle and need help with a school list. I'm a Texas resident applying to all Texas MD state schools and applying to TCOM, plus OOS DO schools.

cGPA: 3.58
SGPA: 3.55
Strong strong upward trend in difficult science major (4.0 the last year and a half)

MCAT: 507 (127/126/127/127)

I will have a letter of rec from a DO psychiatrist im currently helping with his research.

Any help with a list would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm applying next cycle and need help with a school list. I'm a Texas resident applying to all Texas MD state schools and applying to TCOM, plus OOS DO schools.

Strong strong upward trend in difficult science major (4.0 the last year and a half)

I will have a letter of rec from a DO psychiatrist im currently helping with his research.

Your stats look great for almost all DO schools, and probably some MD. It would be better if you first compiled a list, and then allowed the SDN community to critique it. We don't know which schools interest you the most (as is also an important reason for applying as opposed to strictly academic purposes). Give us a baseline first.

Definitely a solid applicant for all DO schools barring any massive red flags.

PCOM
UNE
DMU
MSU
CCOM
NOVA
KCU
ATSU

Definitely get IIs out of that, and some acceptances. Check out my WAMC.

Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM
KCU
DMU
Oklahoma State
KCOM (rural)

If tuition is not a factor, then:

Michigan State
CCOM
AZCOM

These are some of the established schools from which you should be able to snag IIs. However, your numbers are good for any DO school.

If you have a good app, you should get into a Texas MD program or TCOM.