Need help with secondary...any input..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im just a typical neurotic premed, and am totally lost. When a school asks why them, what kinds of things do they wanna hear. I was working on my first secondary CCOM, and it asks why they would be a good school for me. I did research on their website, picked out things that appealed to me personally like the space for electives, facillities, and housing. Is that all they wanna hear about, or am I totally missing something?

Members don't see this ad.

Im just a typical neurotic premed, and am totally lost. When a school asks why them, what kinds of things do they wanna hear. I was working on my first secondary CCOM, and it asks why they would be a good school for me. I did research on their website, picked out things that appealed to me personally like the space for electives, facillities, and housing. Is that all they wanna hear about, or am I totally missing something?

That's pretty much what I did as well. Really though, I don't know if it's what they wanted to hear. I also added a little about where it is located and why that area is good for me as well since I do have to live there for awhile. I don't really know if this is right though seeing as how I have no experience in this area.

How much do the adcoms look at secondary applications?

I figured the same thing, it is hard, I know. Anyone else have any ideas?

I did the same, also read their profile on the AACOMAS website, sometimes it has some extra info. Also, if there are any students posting from that school on SDN you can ask them what they like about the school - maybe some of those things will be appealing to you as well. Other than that I don't really know. I find it difficult to even make a top five list of schools without visiting them...