Need help..,

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mogley

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

I need help.Confusing and depressing.I got both WES :3.41 gpa, ECE :almost half of the WES gpa.ITs very depressing.But ada will ask only ECE evalution reports.Do they accept low gpa by ECE to take NBDE exam? I dont understand why they gave me such a low gpa.I dont know what to do.Can i send my NBDE application with this LOW ECE gpa.DO they accpet me to write the exam?PLz help me up with my options.Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry. Your GPA is not an eligibility factor for taking the NBDE. ADA just requires that the 4/5 year degree in your country is equivalent to the four year degree program in U.S.
So go ahead and register for the exam.
Coming to the GPA, One possible reason your ECE gpa is low could be if you have failed any subjects while doing dentistry in your country. According to ECE each subject is equivalent to 7 points (at least this whatECE does when people from India get their evaluation) So if you fail a course you get -7 (negative) for that attempt. And if you pass in the next attempt, you get anywhere from 4 to 7 points depending on your score and so basically this evens out. And this basically drives your gpa down. WES doesn't award negative scoring for failed attempts, hence the higher gpa.

Last but least, there is nothing at this point you can do to change your gpa. But do well in your exams. This can compensate for the gpa to some extent.

[

HI ,

Thank you so much.I was confused.Distracted my attention.With u r reply i can push back my self once again in to books to repare my optinos with good score.Thanks friend.take care.