need help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjunyi83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'll be applying in 2006 and I want to gain some pharmacy experience.

so far, I wasn't able to find anywhere. I am thinking of doing volunteer work

once a week.

Do you guys know any pharmacist who works in orange county or LA area???

It would be nice if he/she is a graduate from USC or Western, since those are the schools that I will be applying in the future.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Be a telemarketeer and start cold calling!

What type of work are you willing to do specifically?

Members don't see this ad :)
Female said:
What type of work are you willing to do specifically?

anything that is related to pharmacy work.
I want to get my hands wet and gain experience

You may want to check into a free clinic for volunteer experience.

Hi!
jjunyi83,

Did you try local hospitals in your area? I would suggest you to visit hospitals' volunteer services department and talk to their Manager about your situation, that you're a Pre-Pharmacy student and applying for PharmD program next year and you need pharmacy experience. I am sure they'll let you volunteer in hospital pharmacy. That way you can put that in your PharmD applications.

I agree with everyone else. Most hospitals have a volunteering program and offer volunteering within their pharmacy. That's how I got it. As for looking for a pharmacist who graduate from usc or western, it would be great to find one who you could volunteer with however since you are planning to apply soon I think you should just accept any pharm position you can get your hands on with or without the pharmacist being a graduate from those two schools. Good luck!

I would recommend working as a 'Pharmacy clerk' at any chain pharmacy if you don't want to volunteer. That way you'll end up getting more hours in per week. Just go to any nearby pharmacy and ask for the pharmacy manager. Goodluck :luck: