Need Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamrich

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sup fellas,

I got rejected from all the schools that i applied to, and now i have no choice than to wait for another year and reapply.
My GPA: 3.0 (on the DOT) and My PCAT Scores are 55(Oct) and 86(Jan)
I really don;t know what to do at this point.... I was thinking about transferring from Purdue and going to a community college to take some shady classes to bring my GPA back up and reapply again next year... But I am really confused on what to do?? If any of you are in the same situation and what to share your stories or give some advice please do!!!
Yup, this is ma story...

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, tough break. I got rejected from my first school on Sunday and am anxiously waiting to hear from 3 others. By this time next month, I may very well be in the same boat. All I can say is expand your boundaries, look for areas to improve, and hit'em hard next year. Watch the GPA, going from 3.13 to 3.0 on the dot won't look good in terms of GPA trend, the uptick in PCAT doesn't hurt, but you'll have to hit the books pretty hard to boost the GPA if you don't want to have to apply to a lot of pharmacy schools next year.:luck:

I know a lot of people that got accepted with the same stats or worse. What you need to do is get some pharmacy experience if you haven't already done so. Then you need to apply really really early. Also apply to newer schools with rolling admissions (private schools)..i.e..LECOM (Bradenton campus), Appalachia, ETSU, Midwestern, Pacific, etc...etc..Do a quick search for "low stats" or something like that in this forum, you will be able to find a list of people that got accepted with lower stats. I don't know if taking more courses would increase your GPA that much. If you are going to take extra courses, it is best to take higher science courses than to waste money on elective courses. Don't waste money on that. Just go get some experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
YOu have any experiences? Volunteer? research...? Improve these
You definitely have to do something to boost up your gpa. As pharmacy is getting more and more competitive each year, your gpa is just at cut-off requirement (I think they ask for at least 2.8-2.9), which doesn't look good at all. Find a community college where you know classes are easy and retake them.
If you have time and resources, polish your pcat further.
Hope that helps !
sup fellas,

I got rejected from all the schools that i applied to, and now i have no choice than to wait for another year and reapply.
I really don;t know what to do at this point.... I was thinking about transferring from Purdue and going to a community college to take some shady classes to bring my GPA back up and reapply again next year... But I am really confused on what to do?? If any of you are in the same situation and what to share your stories or give some advice please do!!!
Yup, this is ma story...

I do alot of community service... I try to do atleast 20 hrs every semester, I was even the Community Service chair of my Fraternity... and play an active roll in many other organizations...
So i think the only thing in terms of extra cirriculum i need is pharmacy experience... But rite now it js sucks being me

here is wat u do, go find a hospital w/ a pharmacy in it, and ask to volunteer there, so this is like two bird with one stone. as for bring up GPA, just concentrate on the science and math class that u do poorly in and retake it. and like kelly said, apply early really help,

I am almost in the same situation. I have one more hope and that is lecom. If i don't hear from them I'll be with you on reapplying next year.

sup fellas,

Yup, this is ma story...

don't worry i got rejected last yr as well...my gpa is only 3.3 and pcat is 80...so i decided graduate with bs in nutrition science and work for the state...i have a lot of direct contact with clients so i think schools like that sort of thing...try to get more pharm experience that will help too...also look at other fields as well...i liked optometry and i thought the oat was much easier than the pcat...and make sure you apply earlier and to as many school as you can afford!! good luck!!

Pharmacy experience is a major plus these days. It is not that difficult to get a job in the pharmacy especially if you tell them you are a pre-pharmacy student. The problem is that many applicants have at least some kind of experince in a pharmacy. It is almost a requirement unless you have a 3.9GPA and 90 on the PCAT. It shows that you are serious about the profession and that you know what you are getting yourself into. Next year, focus on applying to a variety of different schools (e.g. schools that do not require PCAT, schools with lower standards, private schools/public schools, schools with a large class size, etc.). Good luck to you and hang in there. Purdue isn't the easiest school to get into anyway.

sup fellas,

Yup, this is ma story...

I was in your same situation last year...I was rejected from Purdue last year when my GPA was a 2.95. I got C's in Orgo 1, Physics 1, and Anatomy 1.

Just work on your second semester and plan on taking prereqs for a lot of schools next year. Don't leave purdue for a year and re apply...thats just gonna put you in a bad situation with them. I just reapplied this year with a 3.35 and got in.

Good luck

I know how you feel. :( I just got a rejection letter from the school I really wanted to apply to. My GPA was a 3.1 when they recalculated it on their website and my PCAT score was a 68 (shoulda studied harder on the math portion). I looked at their stats and saw that more than 50% of the applicants were graduates and at least 10% were undergrads.

I'm just puzzled at why most require Economics.

Also, I could have gotten a better GPA score if I knew I needed Econ, Speech, Microbiology, and didn't CLEP out of Eng I&II before applying. Micro was only offered in the Spring semester and the deadline was March 1st? Bullsheep. :mad:

Good luck to you. :) Hope we both can get through one more year. I'm just going to work this next year and save up some moneys.

If pharmacy is your dream, don't give up on it. I also was rejected last year, and reapplied this year and got in. My stats didn't change one bit! I was in a pretty bad situation - 3.12 GPA and 63 PCAT. I just got my acceptance e-mail from South University yesterday. I also have almost 2 years pharmacy experience, and no community service of any kind. If I can get in, trust me, you will get in somewhere. I wouldn't worry about your PCAT too much. It's very good where it's at. I'd concentrate on working towards a degree of some kind, or maybe retaking some of the classes you did really bad in. This, in my opinion, shows your very committed to achieving pharmacy school admittance. Good luck to you next year.