Need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressedout

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need honest advice.

I have just been accepted to GW and have interviews scheduled at Temple, Drexel, and MCO in the coming weeks.

I am just wondering if it would really be worth it to attend these other interviews 'cause all of these schools seem to cost about the same and provide pretty much the same resources...I really am already tired of flying and can't afford to pay for any more flights.
Additionally, I have been offered interviews at 3 other universities that are a lot more prestigious and am hoping that maybe I can get into one of those 3...
Would it be worth it to still go?????? Any thoughts would be very appreciated. Thanks very much for your help. Thank you thank you thank you

Members don't see this ad.

if you think you'll be happier at gw than at any of those other schools, go ahead and cancel. otherwise, it'll probably be worth checking them out.

I would withdraw from any school you cant think of picking over GW. I withdrew from a couple after my first acceptance. The flip side is you dont know if you'll like a school until you go. For your situation, GW is better than temple or drexel, and they're all private so I would decline those. I'd only go to MCO b/c you can get in state after a year and it should be significantly cheaper (living in toledo is dirt cheap too). I'd venture to say that your total budget at MCO will be a little more than half that of GW. (i think the GW budget is close to 60k per year, and the MCO budget is closer to 30k after year one.

Originally posted by stressedout
I need honest advice.

I have just been accepted to GW and have interviews scheduled at Temple, Drexel, and MCO in the coming weeks.

I am just wondering if it would really be worth it to attend these other interviews 'cause all of these schools seem to cost about the same and provide pretty much the same resources...I really am already tired of flying and can't afford to pay for any more flights.
Additionally, I have been offered interviews at 3 other universities that are a lot more prestigious and am hoping that maybe I can get into one of those 3...
Would it be worth it to still go?????? Any thoughts would be very appreciated. Thanks very much for your help. Thank you thank you thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the advice...
but, I am wondering is GW really better than Temple or Drexel???
thanks for the input!!!!!

You're going to have to live with this decision for the next 4 years. How much would it cost to go to those interviews? $1,000? How much does med school cost? Over $100,000.
Get a good night's sleep and think about it when you're well-rested.
Can't afford to fly? Go Greyhound.

How much would you regret not checking out those schools?

Originally posted by stressedout

but, I am wondering is GW really better than Temple or Drexel???

no. there is not much difference prestige-wise between these schools.

have you been to philly? some people really like it. i thought it was sort of an icky city, but if you have never been or like it you should probably interview at temple & drexel. especially if there were things about gw that you didn't like. i'd take dc over philly any day, but maybe that's just me. also, think about what kind of curriculum you would like. doesn't gw have class all day? if you do pil at drexel you only have a few hours of class each day, which probably makes for a much better quality of life.

sorry for the rambling. i don't have much advice to give. it's really a personal decision.