DPTorDO

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I am supposed to start Pt school in a few weeks at an OOS institution where the CoL is very high. And I am currently #10 on the wait list as my #1 choice ISS. Should I chance having a gap year in hopes of getting into the ISS or just eat the cost of the OSS+ high CoL?

I will be borrowing ~$60k for the first year at OOS. But GAs and ISS will be available after PT1

DPTorDO

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Mods I apologize for not starting this in PrePT. Please move.

CristianoParese

Mar 12, 2012
san diego, ca
Status (Visible)
  1. Rehab Sci Student
Hey there,
I have passed up an opportunity to go to private school ($90k tuition) because I was waiting on an ISS to get back to me (waitlisted there). I regret passing it up because I have not heard back from the other school.
I am 27 and I might be a little more impatient than you, depending on where you stand personally at this point in your life. One more year of experience may benefit you extremely if you wait a year for the ISS.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.