need helpful tips..failed step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amrmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need Help...failed step 1 :(

I took the test way back October 2004...had been traumatized when i failed step 1. I just studied on my own and got 172. I studied almost 9 hours a day 6 times a week for 2 months and yet i failed. I studied the kaplan home study guide and q book. Inasmuch as it had many details it didnt come out the way i though it would. Im not from a well off family and I have to work for my exam fees . Im an IMG from the Philippines. Im working 8-5 at a medical insurance firm in Guam and i dont know how to study and what to study... please help me guys.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah thats the problem with those home study books.. I would advise a live lecture course, I know that its though to come up with the time and money, but its youre career.. so go for it..
all the best.

andwhat said:
yeah thats the problem with those home study books.. I would advise a live lecture course, I know that its though to come up with the time and money, but its youre career.. so go for it..
all the best.

Thanks...at least i'll know how to make a strategy for that step. really hard to accept it though..thanks again