1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Immediate Advice!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by SgtSadhu, Jul 17, 2006.

1. SgtSadhu

SgtSadhu Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys Im taking my DATs this saturday and I just took the 1st topscore test and i was wondering if just based on these results you think I should possibly postpone the test or go for it.

ts test 1:

bio- 19
    gchem-17
    orgo-19
    pat- 19
    qr-17
    rc-21

I really need ot know if these score are sorta close to how the real dat will be or are they usually lower?

Thanks guys!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cocokeala

cocokeala katonk!
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    those are kinda like my scores and im taking the dat on FRIDAY omg so any postings on this would be helpful cuz im starting to freak out!

4. duho.O

duho.O Member
    7+ Year Member

nah don't worry so much about it. my topscore score was lower than my real DAT scores. i think you'll be fine on the real exam.

5. SgtSadhu

SgtSadhu Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi Guys i took my second topscore and this is what i got:

bio-19
    gchem-18
    orgo-19
    pat-20
    rc-21
    qr-19

Still looking to hear what yall think, if i should go on and take the test this saturday or not Thanks guys!

6. DDS:)

DDS:) Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Expecting a lower PAT on the real one

7. SgtSadhu

SgtSadhu Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey gusy I just took my third topscore and this is what i got:

bio-18
    gchem-17
    orgo-19
    Pat-21
    QR-19
    RC-23

AA-19 and TS-19

You think ill be ready on saturday??

8. dnguyen

dnguyen Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Expect to do better on the real one. I was averaging around 20 on mine and got a 23TS and 21AA on the real one. The PAT is pretty accurate, maybe slightly harder. The only reason I say that is because I really liked the PAT and got 23's on my practice and 23 on the real one. This part of the test seems to vary the most among people on this forum. But dont worry, the grading on the AA part is actually very generous.

9. SgtSadhu

SgtSadhu Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks so muchh i really appreciate it

10. Fariba

Fariba Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I wouldnt judge your knowledge based on a few practice exams. Take them for all they are worth - "practice."

I think the only one who will be able to tell you if you are ready or not is you. If you feel like you do not understand the basics of biology, or you havent quite mastered all the orgo rxns, or that you still cannot solve standard chemistry problems, etc... then you really should study a little more.

If you feel confidence, then go for it. If you lack it, you will be walking into the test with the thought of "I'm not going to do well" - and this lack of confidence will make you nervous and frustrated... a deadly combo that will cause you to do poorly no matter how much you know.

Dont let the scores you get in Achiever, Topscore, etc. question your abilities. Look at what you got wrong and see where your problem lies. If its simple errors, then you shouldnt worry as much. If you were missing main ideas and concepts, then you really have some more work to do.

Bottom line... don't ask SDN members to tell you what you want to hear or dont want to hear. Just listen to yourself... you know where you stand better than anyone.

Good luck to all, and sorry this was so long.

11. remify

remify Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i would have to agree--the perception part is pretty challenging. i did really well on it on paper. however, when it came to comparing angles on a computer screen i was like ????wtf???

g luck