Need Input from USC Dental Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenndon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some input from USC students, rather than speculation from other sources....I know that USC's PBL has its critics and detractors, but we have heard some good things, and are open to it. We have also heard from some that USC's program seems to have a more flexible schedule and structure, with partial days in PBL and classes with afternoon time for studies and lab work. We are just curious about the the perceptions..? Is USC's program more friendly in its time management, or will it still require very long days and standard hours. I say this in light of the fact that we are looking at it as a family with daily commuting and other schedules to juggle..

My spouse has been through interview process and seems well situated for acceptance, but we are trying to get as much objective info as possible..... she avoids SDN under the advice of friends who told her that it will just make her more crazed with information, so I am the gatherer of info....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PBL is great you will have more free time if you want it. That being said that free time should be used to study as much as possible. PBL is for those that are self motivated and can learn what is needed without being spoon fed. I am not saying that I spent all of my time studying but there is a need to study a lot. I hope that this helps if you have any specific questions PM me.