Need Inspiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maybemed2013

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in my first senior year.. I am planning to graduate in 5 yrs instead of 4 yrs my gpa high 3.6, I been volunteering at a nursing home since 2009 and I am a mentor for the county I live in......I feel like giving up...I am tired of studying my life away... I need inspirations...any words of advice would help alot.. thank you in advance.
 
porsche911scab.jpg


inspirratttionnnnnnn!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is a very stressful process..I did five years as well b/c of family issues. I am doing post bac courses now to improve my GPA as well. I have doubted my choice at times but reminded myself that I always wanted this and keep going. The past few years have just been an uphill battle but I know it will be worth it.

If you feel that you can't handle anymore school then you should probably reconsider..
 
I am in my first senior year.. I am planning to graduate in 5 yrs instead of 4 yrs my gpa high 3.6, I been volunteering at a nursing home since 2009 and I am a mentor for the county I live in......I feel like giving up...I am tired of studying my life away... I need inspirations...any words of advice would help alot.. thank you in advance.
Take a semester off and get a job at a dead-end, entry-level job. That should recharge the energy in your academic batteries.
 
I am in my first senior year.. I am planning to graduate in 5 yrs instead of 4 yrs my gpa high 3.6, I been volunteering at a nursing home since 2009 and I am a mentor for the county I live in......I feel like giving up...I am tired of studying my life away... I need inspirations...any words of advice would help alot.. thank you in advance.

You must have a reason to be putting yourself through all of this... I felt the same way my senior year of undergrad. I was extremely depressed and felt like giving up. I worked hard and somehow got into a med school. I put myself through all of this because I really wanted to be a doctor and help people... always remember why you're putting yourself through this. and i'm telling you that it will pay off in the end as it did for me.
 
It's not good if you're already needing external inspiration and aren't in medical school yet.

Stay on your grind. Good luck.

Keep grinding it out and remember your passion. By the way, I'm sure Aaron Rodgers heard comments like NickTaylor's when he was working his way through community college. He turned out alright!

(PS: I am a bears fan and hate the packers, but you have to respect Aaron Rodgers)
 
After getting into a Med school, I plan on taking a job at kohls or something. Just for the kicks (literally, I want their shoes
 
You could always teach at a community college. For the kicks.

Hell, I want to apply to that EMT ambulance company that rejected me two years ago and become an MD EMT. For the kicks.
 
Take a semester off and get a job at a dead-end, entry-level job. That should
recharge the energy in your academic batteries.


+1. Work on a loading dock for a trucking company for 10-12 hours a day in the winter. Granted it was only temporary until school started, it was an eye opener. Huge motivator for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take a semester off and get a job at a dead-end, entry-level job. That should recharge the energy in your academic batteries.

I recommend Chuck E. Cheese's. $6 dollars an hour to clean up vomit in tubes and take uppercuts to the balls while wearing a sweaty costume... not quite PS-worthy, but needless to say it did inspire me.
 
I recommend Chuck E. Cheese's. $6 dollars an hour to clean up vomit in tubes and take uppercuts to the balls while wearing a sweaty costume... not quite PS-worthy, but needless to say it did inspire me.

you did that? kudos to you!

I never been.