Need more verbal practice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kfcman289

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost finished with my TPRH verbal book, does anyone know any other books that have realistic MCAT verbal tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
AAMC Verbal self-assessments. 120 questions of old exam questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know everyone extols EK 101 verbal book but I found it to be astonishingly poor in terms of its representation of MCAT-level questions. I am almost done with TPRH and found that verbal workbook to be by far better than the EK book. Not that all of the EK tests are bad, its just some passages in a single test are borderline pathetic. And it only takes 1 passage to screw your score lol.

I've never had to deal with such inconsistencies in TPR verbal material.

Also you can buy MCAT2015 practice questions from AAMC. Although they are made specifically for the new exam, I am sure you can use the Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills questions for extra VR practice.
Be on the lookout for the first 2015-style MCAT practice test as well. That can be an AAMC 12 for many taking the current MCAT. I intend to fully utilize these brand new resources myself for the Nov 7th exam.

All the best,

The AAMC self-assessment is better in my opinion than EK Verbal 101. I'd start with the SA and if you need to, go to EK. If you have the time, I'd recommend supplementing your studying with a free option such as NYtimes opinion columns ( try not to read the titles - that's sometimes very hard!). This is a somewhat untraditional approach and you will only get out what you put into it, but it will help you with speed and reading comprehension (which is half the battle) if done right.

Good luck!