Need pharm experience!

Started by RileyJ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RileyJ

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've completed the pre-reqs and did pretty well on the pcat, but I'm havin a ton of trouble trying to get a pharm tech job... They always want experience but I can't get it without starting somewhere... And the cycle continues... Help!
 
I've completed the pre-reqs and did pretty well on the pcat, but I'm havin a ton of trouble trying to get a pharm tech job... They always want experience but I can't get it without starting somewhere... And the cycle continues... Help!

Don't limit yourself to paid jobs only. Try looking for volunteer opportunities. That's how I got the job experience most pharm tech jobs required.
 
I've completed the pre-reqs and did pretty well on the pcat, but I'm havin a ton of trouble trying to get a pharm tech job... They always want experience but I can't get it without starting somewhere... And the cycle continues... Help!
Like photographfreak said, you should look for some volunteering opportunities in a pharmacy setting. This will not only give you pharmacy experience that schools value but will also benefit you when applying for a technician job.