Need pharmacyTextbooks ,please recommend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oliver.fan

squirrel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pharmacist from China. Our pharmacy education is not very perfect like USA. So would you please recommend some professional textbooks for pharmacist practice?I will appreciate it. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

pharmeronadell said:
This is the best place on the planet to find pharmacy books . Happy Shopping!!!!
Thank you,pharmeronadell! My friend in USA just bought "Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice: a Practical Approach " By Arcangelo, Virginia P. PhD for me,but I don't know if this book is suitable for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
"PHARMACOTHERAPY: A Pathophysiologic Approach" by Dipiro, JT may be useful for you. I have the 5th Ed and the 6th Ed was published within the last year. I have saved a great deal of money the last 4 years on textbooks by shopping at www.amazon.com
What sort of practice are you in?
Oliver.fan said:
I am a pharmacist from China. Our pharmacy education is not very perfect like USA. So would you please recommend some professional textbooks for pharmacist practice?I will appreciate it. Thank you!

WSU2007 said:
"PHARMACOTHERAPY: A Pathophysiologic Approach" by Dipiro, JT may be useful for you.

This is what I would recommend, although it's the only therapeutics book I own, so I have no basis for comparison :laugh: I can't imagine how a single textbook could be more comprehensive than this one, though. It also has some good online bonus stuff like quizzes and the ability to print chapters and selections from chapters.

i'm a big fan of applied therapeutics-- koda kimble....

but i do like the new edition of dipiro

Didn't realize that, otherwise I surely would have mentioned it in my post :)
bananaface said:
If you use the SDN bookstore (partnered with Amazon), SDN gets a part of the proceeds.

The link to the SDN bookstore is in my first post.

So...I don't know a whole lot about how the "partnership" with Amazon works. But, I know any Joe can sell books thru Amazon.

So my thought is, wouldn't it be cool if SDNers could advertise their used textbooks in the SDN bookstore alongside the new books? The SDNer would make a buck or two, and so would SDN! And, the buyer wouldn't have to pay full price for their textbooks. What do you think?