Need Pharmcas Help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIkeNB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am planning to apply to schools in California and other states as well. However, schools in california do not require PCAT while other schools do. I am planning to take my PCAT on August 23 and the result wont come till sept-oct. Are there a way where i can use pharmcas to send my application to California schools first and then send the rest of my applications later when i get my PCAT or should i just send my application to all the schools to get a head start and send my PCAT separately later. THanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

you should send the pharmcas app as soon as possible. if your pcat won't come in until after you esubmit, pharmcas will forward it out after they receive it. I'm not sure if they'll send it as soon as they receive it, but i'm fairly sure that they will send it by the academic update period in january. Ask the school you are applying to, they may want you to send it to them directly. but bottom line, don't wait to esubmit your pharmcas just b/c you're waiting for pcat scores.

i emailed pharmcas about this...ill let you know what they reply.

Hey guys, I am planning to apply to schools in California and other states as well. However, schools in california do not require PCAT while other schools do. I am planning to take my PCAT on August 23 and the result wont come till sept-oct. Are there a way where i can use pharmcas to send my application to California schools first and then send the rest of my applications later when i get my PCAT or should i just send my application to all the schools to get a head start and send my PCAT separately later. THanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
heres the response from pharmcas.

"PharmCAS will not hold your application for test scores. You should not wait for your PCAT scores to be received to submit your application. Once you have submitted your application, paid your application fees, and all official post-secondary transcripts have been received by PharmCAS, your application will be put into queue to be processed. If your PCAT scores arrive before your application is forwarded to your designated Pharmacy schools, they will be included with the body of your application. If not, they will be sent separately once they are received by PharmCAS. Your PCAT scores are automatically matched to your application by way of your Social Security Number. Please verify that you have entered your SSN correctly in both your PharmCAS application and your PCAT registration."

Thanks guys, this really help.

by the way, do you know the contact number or email to pharmcas? i need to ask them some questions myself.