1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Need Post-bac education advice...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Herme, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Herme

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Well, I will keep this sort of short. I have just applied for my second time to dental school this past June. My first time applying (last summer) I had 2 interviews of the 3 schools I applied to. I took upper level undergrad courses over summer, got a 4.0 on them, applied to 7 schools this time around, and not even 1 interview. Plus I have a full scholarship from the military to pay for school. My other stats are on predents.com. I am not understanding why I'm getting no love, and I'm a little discouraged here.

I will probably need to do some graduate level work, but I'd rather not spend 2 years full-time getting a master's, to prove I can do 4 more years of dental school-not that it wouldn't be worth it. I haven't been able to find a 1 yr non-thesis program, but Marquette University will let me just take graduate classes for credit. Will the dental schools look favorably on that, or do I have to be working on a degree for it to really mean anything?

Also, how many graduate credits should I try to take over the next year. How many will tell them I'm not stupid? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.