need QR advice..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biostudent101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those that tooK the DAT recently....what book(s) are good for the math section? i am using the DAT Math DESTROYER, WHAT DO U THINK OF IT??

ur responds is greatly appreciated.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I memorized the formulas from the QR section of Destroyer and ran through the problems twice. Apart from that, the only other thing I used was Topscore. I felt that the QR section of Destroyer was very representative of my version of the DAT. Others will disagree with that but that was my opinion after taking the test. I improved my QR score by 5 points, 13=>18.

I had a lot of geometry, word problems, and a few trig questions. A strategy for the QR is very important. I don't understand when people have to randomly guess on the last 10 problems. You need to manage your time better. I skipped any problem that A) I didn't immediately know how to do, B) I forgot the formula for, or C) saw that getting the answer would take longer than about a minute and a half even if I knew how to do it.

*EDIT* When I say skipped, I mean guessed, marked, and moved on.

Last edited: