Need research experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

brilliant77

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have worked as a lab assistant before back in 2006-2008 but I had no hands-on experience. I have already graduated and have worked at a retail pharmacy. I hated it and would rather do clinical research or work in hospital as a pharmacy technician.

Recently, an assistant professor I used to work with at that lab gave me a name of someone who does pharmacology research. How can I ask without being rejected? I tried to ask to do undergrad research before but was always rejected.
 
Make sure that you include that you were referred by a former professor of yours (refer to him by name), and that Dr So-and-So (your former professor) mentioned that this other professor (who you want to do research for) might have some research work you can assist with, or that he/she might be able to point you in the direction of another pharmacology professor who could use some assistance.