need serious advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juswanthatDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my test is july 24th, I am really worried. I am terrible at math destroyer. i maybe at best have gotten 25 right, usually 15 -20. I feel confident in PAT, org, and bio, but gen chem im a little weak too. took some dat bootcamp tests and got 20 on org, 17 on QR and 19 on gen chem
btw i am only going into my 3rd year and actually havent even had ochem 2, and im just going through everything early trying to get a handle of things with the goal to really try and get in next year

Members don't see this ad.

if i were you... (i wish i was going into 3rd year...)... i would keep studying and take it during winter break..... it's just my opinion. don't take it too serious cuz you are the one making a decision.

if i were you... (i wish i was going into 3rd year...)... i would keep studying and take it during winter break..... it's just my opinion. don't take it too serious cuz you are the one making a decision.

that is definitely a thgt... i'd miss applying though. But it would be more beneficial to just study a bunch and do well one time and then wait for next year?

I need you people to respond! you guys are experienced!

if you are going into 3rd year,
then you aren't even qualified to get in for next year cause you won't have your undergrad degree finished by next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Under no circumstance would I take the test unprepared. I would either push the test back 3 weeks or take it in the next 10-12 months. Between those two it's up to you, but if you put in the work now I'd take it sooner rather than later.

Under no circumstance would I take the test unprepared. I would either push the test back 3 weeks or take it in the next 10-12 months. Between those two it's up to you, but if you put in the work now I'd take it sooner rather than later.

Here is my thgt, i went into this not knowing anything about the DAT or how to study for it.. I really underestimated it and when i finally realized what was going on, it was too late as now i am cramming and i know i am NOT ready for QR and probably gen chem. I have all the materials and have used them, but its applying them that i am lacking. I also am taking a human phys summer class and it is really tough juggling both. I have till Nov. 16th to take the exam. I am going to postpone it, but when do you think i should till? Id like to postpone it at least 4-6 weeks. That way i could redo all my study plans and go over everything again. What do you think about this?

if you are going into 3rd year,
then you aren't even qualified to get in for next year cause you won't have your undergrad degree finished by next year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need an undergraduate degree to apply if you have all of the pre-reqs done for a school. It's just a recommendation.

Like Illfavor said, It's best to take it when you feel confident and prepared.

MOST schools require a Bachelors degree to be earned by the time you plan on attending Dental School.

MOST schools require a Bachelors degree to be earned by the time you plan on attending Dental School.

I think it's more like "some" schools, not "most." My personal research on this might not actually be representative of DS admissions as a whole, though.

However, I DO know that you have to have be a knockout applicant to get in early.

Trouble with QR? You said you got a 17 in BC QR. Isn't that difficult? At least thats what I remember reading.