Need Serious NAPLEX study tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnpharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I take the Naplex in mid June and am very very nervous. I purchased the Kaplan study book, as well as NAPLEX SECRETS online book. I'm going through all of the content and just feel overwhelmed. Anyone take it yet? How bad is the real thing? I'm not scoring as well as I should on the practice tests and that scares me. Any advice on where to shift my focus?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. Going through the APha book.

I think the focus should be more on the drugs. Things like SE, DI, contraindications, brand/generics will be key.

You are wasting your time if you are going through the APha book, way, way too much info and detail. You will also drive yourself nuts if you try memorize every brand/generic out there. They had some names of amoxicillin that no one had every hear of, it is a waste of time. Study the big picture, the test is very easy. Good luck

i went thru the apha book like 3 times. i focused on my weak areas (ie. cancer and hiv) and skimmed the easy stuff. i passed. don't forget to study the math part too, those are the easy points.