1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Need some additional info

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Vaheb, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Vaheb

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey all,

I've been a lurker for a very long time and I just recently started studying for the DAT. I'm planning on taking it on September 24 and just like everyone else I am stressed, but so far the grind has been going pretty well.

I just wanted to ask what extra materials should I look into getting. So far I have gotten Destroyer/Math Destroyer, KBB, Chad's Videos, Organic Chemistry as a Second Language, Barron's AP Bio. I haven't really looked at KBB much, but I will be using it for the practice tests in the back. I've went through GCHEM and OCHEM in the Destroyer and GCHEM seemed okay to me because Chad covered a lot of the information in that section. OCHEM seems to be a little crazy in the Destroyer, because I haven't even covered like 25% of some of the reactions in my OCHEM classes. I'm just supplementing it with Chad's and OCHEM as a Second Language for now.

My question is, if I thoroughly go through Chad's and Destroyer for GCHEM and try to fully understand the concepts in both, would I need any other supplement to add to my list or both of these should suffice?

Also would Barron's/Cliff's AP Bio books plus the Destroyer be enough for the Biology section? I've heard some good things about that QVault which I will be looking into this coming week.

Anyways, sorry for my wall of text.

Cheers,
    Vaheb

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You pretty much have all your bases covered. DatQvault may be the only thing you could add to your list. But remember, it's not about the quantity, but quality of your prep--more materials isn't necessarily better.

4. toothhornet88

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Exactly right! Also, if you need to brush up in any specific area, check out any of the 50 multiple choice Bio quizes.
    http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/classware/selfstudy.do?isbn=0072464631

plus Ch.11-12 really drills your head on Genetics!