SmileyTooth

If you're rich,I’m single
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2004
Status
It seems like I applied too late (Oct) and I only got accepted to Temple. What do people think, especially those who go to Temple...is it as scary as they say? :scared: Should I reapply or just go to Temple?

Thanks! :)

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
Status
Dentist
SmileyTooth said:
It seems like I applied too late (Oct) and I only got accepted to Temple. What do people think, especially those who go to Temple...is it as scary as they say? :scared: Should I reapply or just go to Temple?

Thanks! :)
if u don't want the spot..i'll take it :D

DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
It all comes back to you. But here is what I think. Your stats are impressive and I would say that you can get into anywhere you want including UOP if you apply early in 2006, its only a 3year programme so you will be done that same time as if you were to start at Temple this year.
On the other hand, you went to Temple and saw the whole thing, it is not a bad school at all. And in Dr.BV's own words, you wont have to dodge bullets to get to school, and I dont think the windows at Temple were bullet proof. But philly is still the 5th most dangerous city in the US (acording to a link from a thread here in SDN), and it snows there (as oppose to Cali).
So, it all comes back to you, but that was my train of thoughts when I read your post. Good luck with whatever you choose and let us know.

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
GO TO TEMPLE!

its a decent school... the clinical there is awesome, just ask dr.badvibes :D

and if you are concerned about safety... well ...pretty much any school with a decent clinical is going to be in a bad neighbourhood, thats how it works :p
for instance, maryland =good school, but its in baltimore, ranked 11th worst in country

wasting another year is not worth it, firstly, its getting more competitive to get into dental school. If next year's applicants are super good, then you might not have a chance, and temple wont be an option for you because you already rejected them once. and i know they dont let you defer admissios.

secondly, i have also heard that it looks really bad on your application when you recieve an acceptance, which you reject and reapply. im not sure about this, but you should find out if schools have access to your previous aadsas records, because if they do, then they will know what you did.

aceking

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
Status
Dont go to Temple. Let other people that really want to go instead.