Need some advice for my friend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bsantos248

New Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I have a view questions about Ross university in the Caribbean medical school since I can not find any recent threads. My questions are below. As a pre-medical student as myself I want some advice for my friend that wants to attend Ross but I have my doubts:
1) Should they go to Ross? For the reason is they will soon graduate from college with a low gpa.
2) How difficult is it do get a residency even though they want want to pursue a career in internal medicine, family medicine or anesthesiology?
3) Is it worth it taking a large risk (no offense to anyone)
4) Should they do a SMP instead?
They will graduate with a ~3.05 gpa as a biology major. They are Mexican American. I want some opinions first so I can talk to them if it's worth it. I think it is if they bust their butt off ! They did not take the mcat yet but they had been scoring on the practice mcat tests above a 505's. Thanks!
 
I dunno. I've heard some concerning, sketchy things about Caribbean med schools
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad