Need some advice on classes/major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REMMAH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So, if I stick with my current plan, I will graduate in one year with a bs in exercise science and a chem minor. My GPA's great and I've really enjoyed the exercise science coursework. But, I was just checking out the requirements for a ba in biochem, and it looks like there's really not that much more I'd have to take to get that degree. I believe I would need to take one foreign language course, one history, one social science, one English Lit course, as well as analytical chem + lab and a protein chem course. The chem courses would be tough, but I don't think the others would be too difficult.

I should also mention that I'll be entering my fifth year this upcoming fall (because of another year of athletic eligibility) and realistically there's no way I could cram all these courses into just one year when considering athletics and my ex sci courses to complete. I would probably need another semester and maybe a summer to finish everything.

I like chemistry, but if getting the ba isn't worth the extra time and effort I'm fine with just sticking with my current ex sci major/chem minor plan.

Another thing, all of this is possible only if degree overlap is allowed. In other words, I could only do this if some of the courses from my ex sci major can also be applied to my chem major. (I'm not really sure how this works, exactly. I really need to see an advisor!)

Is there a question here? Oddly enough, I see an answer, though.