1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice on PCAT test

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by pharmdrug, Aug 2, 2011.

1. pharmdrug

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for quite a while now and all of you tend to be very helpful to one another. I would like some advice regarding my situation:

I applied for pharmacy admissions this year, but unfortunately, I got waitlisted and I'm pretty sure the chances of acceptance is very slim. I met all the requirements, but I think one reason is that my PCAT scores were too low. I got 67 in composite, achieving 94 in QA and 88 in Chemistry. However, VA was 23 and RC was 20, which totally brought down my composite score.

I have applied to write the PCAT again in Sept, and this will be my fourth time attempting the test because on the first two tries, I did not meet the requirements for admission. Also, for the past 3 tries, I've been only studying from the Kaplan PCAT and it seems that the results aren't very good. Recently, I have bought Dr.Collin's package, as it seems to be very popular in this forum.

I would like to ask you guys out there what I can do to boost up my VA and RC and get at least 85+ in composite.

Thanks so much!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. thesituation559

thesituation559 Ready for whatever
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    How are you wait listed already? I don't think pharmcas has sent out applications yet. I'm new to this so if i'm wrong someone correct me thanks

4. pharmdrug

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Waitlisted for the Sept 2011 cycle. I'm planning to reapply for Sept 2012. Sorry for the confusion