need some advice :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bauhinia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am thinking about reapplying this coming Nov. but the problem is I am graduating in may and my grades are slipping :(. I am also horrible at interviews. What do you guys suggest I do to help increase my chances of getting into a pharm school?
Thanks! any advice is greatly appreciated.
For those who got acceptances. What are your stats and extracurricular activities that you participated and leadership positions held?
Thanks a millions!!!!!!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Bauhinia said:
Hi. I am thinking about reapplying this coming Nov. but the problem is I am graduating in may and my grades are slipping :(. I am also horrible at interviews. What do you guys suggest I do to help increase my chances of getting into a pharm school?
Thanks! any advice is greatly appreciated.
For those who got acceptances. What are your stats and extracurricular activities that you participated and leadership positions held?
Thanks a millions!!!!!!!!! :D

I think it'd be great if you could get some pharmacy experience. In my case, I got my pharm tech certificate and worked for a while at a retail pharmacy. Try to keep your grades up as best as possible as well. Possibly retake some pre-req classes if you think that'll improve your GPA. If you think you need to improve your interviewing skills, maybe you can have mock interviews with friends, or tape-record yourself. Best wishes! :luck:

What schools are you applying to? Some schools focus much more on GPA or PCAT than others. So I would say to try and get your GPA as high as possible.

If you apply to a school that values EC's then get involved with a community organization. I volunteered at a youth outreach program (Young Olympians and Cheer Pros of America). In addition, when I was younger I was involved with the Inter Club Council at my school, which allowed me to really improve in my leadership and public speaking skills. The main point is to get involved in something that you are interested in and be passionate about it so that it really shows in an interview.

Good luck to you!
:luck: :)

Smilescali said:
What schools are you applying to? Some schools focus much more on GPA or PCAT than others. So I would say to try and get your GPA as high as possible.

If you apply to a school that values EC's then get involved with a community organization. I volunteered at a youth outreach program (Young Olympians and Cheer Pros of America). In addition, when I was younger I was involved with the Inter Club Council at my school, which allowed me to really improve in my leadership and public speaking skills. The main point is to get involved in something that you are interested in and be passionate about it so that it really shows in an interview.

Good luck to you!
:luck: :)

Hi, thanks for all your replies! I decided on pharmacy relatively late (the summer before my senior year). So i thought that I would just apply to uop (I heard it's less tough to get into) and ucsd (b/c my family lives there). USC and UCSF are both very difficult to get into so I didn't fill out the apps at all. But then since I only had started voluneering at my school's pharmacy for about 2 weeks. the pharmacist there was unwilling to write me a letter of rec. (very understandable, I wouldn't have written myself one if I were him). So I dropped the thought of applying to uop. So I ended up only applying to ucsd. I think they look very closely at the gpa and I have done little volunteering. The interview went kinda bad too :scared: So now I think I will just reapply but this time I will for sure apply to multiple schools. But I am still confused as to what I should do to improve my chances of getting into a pharmacy school. I don't even think I can recover my gpa since I am graduating this may. Thanks!!!!!!