Need some advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMO69657

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. I feel I am not ready for the upcoming PCAT but already registered. If I don't take it, will the schools know this? I don't think I am ready, I don't know if I should even take it.

2. Here's a problem, I applied for my school's pharm. program and they have less pre-reqs than the other schools I applied for. So I have to take microbio, anatomy, physio, stats, etc. for the other schools. Though my school is my top choice, my stats are less than average, so I applied at other schools for a better chance of acceptance. But, I am afraid the more difficult courses will end up hurting my GPA more if I don't do well. So should I stick with what I'm doing (take the extra courses, apply to more schools) or take only what my school requires, easier to raise my GPA, only apply to my school... and if I don't get in, then take the other pre-reqs/apply outside my school next year? Kind of confusing, but I would really appreciate some advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest for the PCAT that you go take it since you already paid for it. You can do the no score option, but you will at least get the practice and see what it's like.

Your chances of getting in are higher if you apply to more schools. No one can really tell you to take the classes or not. I personally would take them, or re-take the classes you did bad in to help with your GPA.

I agree that you should take the PCAT. I was in your same position back in June and I took it. I selected the no score option. It allows you to gauge what you need to work on.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree, you should definitely take the test. If it were me, I would have still have the test scored so you actually know how you did. you might think you didn;t do very well, but your scores also depend on how everyone else did.

as far as not taking the test at all for some reason, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't affect your application. i actually forgot to go to the first test i signed up for. i took the next one though, and was accepted to the only school to which i applied. you should take the test though, the experience alone is worth the money. good luck!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Yeah I guess I will take the test to see how it is and maybe do the no score option.

I am still not sure what to do about my 2nd problem. ahh!

I dont think you should opt for no score....i wld get my test graded n c how i did...u never know...sometimes u think u did bad..but u get the good result...i am also not ready for the test but i will take it anyways and get my test graded...Good Luck!:thumbup: