Need some advice

Started by cemented
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cemented

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey
I am not trying to get any one to stroke my ego but just want some advice

I am registered for the PCAT in October
Here is the breakdown for January
Verbal - 71
Bio - 96
Reading - 60
Math - 55
Chem - 65
Total - 78

Math screwed me because I haven't seen it in 6 years, but just got done with Precal and taking trig in the fall, and need to spend more time on organic

Should I retake? Again I am registered for october but don't want to do it again

I really want to get into UF and Nova are my top choices
Although I am applying to Creighton, UNC Chapel Hill, UK, Albany, PBA, Mercer, and Upitt
My GPA is a 3.8 overall, a 3.76 (probably go up after my last semester) and a 3.82 overall
Double major Psychobiology and History
1.5 pharm tech experience
6 months in drug research
good work experience - worked on a science grant as a project coordinator, might be getting another job in research now (we shall see)
good EC's - relay for life, organic tutor, biostats volentering work, couple of clubs at my university

I just want some advice

Sorry but I really don't want to deal with the PCAT again and if I can avoid it and get my money back then better, its just a stressful time and I have no one to really discuss with me this application process.
 
Hey
I am not trying to get any one to stroke my ego but just want some advice

I am registered for the PCAT in October
Here is the breakdown for January
Verbal - 71
Bio - 96
Reading - 60
Math - 55
Chem - 65
Total - 78

Math screwed me because I haven't seen it in 6 years, but just got done with Precal and taking trig in the fall, and need to spend more time on organic

Should I retake? Again I am registered for october but don't want to do it again

I really want to get into UF and Nova are my top choices
Although I am applying to Creighton, UNC Chapel Hill, UK, Albany, PBA, Mercer, and Upitt
My GPA is a 3.8 overall, a 3.76 (probably go up after my last semester) and a 3.82 overall
Double major Psychobiology and History
1.5 pharm tech experience
6 months in drug research
good work experience - worked on a science grant as a project coordinator, might be getting another job in research now (we shall see)
good EC's - relay for life, organic tutor, biostats volentering work, couple of clubs at my university

I just want some advice

Sorry but I really don't want to deal with the PCAT again and if I can avoid it and get my money back then better, its just a stressful time and I have no one to really discuss with me this application process.

Retake it - 78 is a decent score, but it wont open up a door for you that isn't already open for someone else as well. Apply for school now - but definitely plan on improving that score. As is - you should get an interview nod for both Nova and UF. I know several people that got into both programs with lower PCATs - but you should never settle for "good enough". You should know that you are jockeying for a seat at (2) programs that value competitiveness as a high prerequisite.

Just a side note... If you think your life is stressful now - just wait until your actually in graduate school.


~above~
 
Last edited: