Need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think the profession needs to standardize how pharmacist's deal with the average consumer, MD, nurse, etc. I don't see any real effort of pharmacist's banding together to deal with the everyday in and out aggravations we face.

There's no advice about how to deal with customers. In my store, the SP kisses all asses, customers are not trained to wait for their Rx's, instead when they complain they're "ok, 5 min." and he puts all else aside and fills their Rx. I don't do that so the customers complain about me. I don't feel that's fair. Shouldn't there be a flat wait time?

I personally experience a great deal of frustration and little feeling of worthiness.

For ex.

Refill too soon rejects - some pharmacists fill and bill later, some fill and override the reject, some don't fill and tell the pt. to pay cash. There needs to be a standard so that when a pharmacist works in a store he/she can be assured they're doing the right thing by the patient and the business.

Comments?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no magic formula for handling issues. That would imply that all people are the same and all situations are the same. It really depends on what the situation is. For example, refill to soon could be a junkie who wants to take 12 Diazepam 10mg per day as opposed to the two per day the doctor ordered. Or, refill to soon could be a person who is refilling their Albuterol inhaler too soon because their condition has worsened and they need an inhaled steroid. Do they both get treated the same? Does one require some clinical skills and probably a referral to their physician?

Practicing in the retail setting can be difficult. You have to deal with a great deal of crap, but the chances to "do good" are endless, sometimes even at the drive through.