Need some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkkat9932

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will graduate with BioChem major
GPA - 3.83
MACT - 28Q
Wisconsin resident
2 research projects
community service
shadowing

I plan on applying to UW-Madison, Medical College of Wisconsin, Michigan State College of Osteopathic Medicine & Des Moines University. What other schools do you think I should apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nice GPA.

I'd add Rosalind Franklin in Illinois.

Does your community service include some clinical exposure? How many hours of shadowing? How much time spent doing research (one project during each of two semesters?)

1 research project was 2 semesters at UWSP. The other research(published) was during a fellowship at a clinic where I was able to shadow many doctors in different areas of medicine. I also attended daily presentations by doctors on various topics.

Members don't see this ad :)
The research is good. The shadowing is good. Hopefully, direct contact with patients via volunteerism or employment is also in the works.

Another WI resident!

Your stats are similar to mine and I've gotten interview invites from both UWSMPH and MCW. I also got invites from George Washington and New York Medical College, so if you are looking to apply out of the midwest, I recommend these places. Perhaps look at schools that like research, as this seems to be one of your major strengths (I did two years of research, but this is not my major interest so I applied to many schools that are not as research heavy). Do try to get more clinical experience where you have a more active role if possible. I know the UW Hospital and associated clinics take a great deal of students for this and it can be a great experience if you show you are interested in being involved and want to learn.

Good Luck!

Are you applying this cycle? If so, you may want to find some schools that dont have rolling admissions, i think. not sure on this.