Need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unlucky87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to a lot of medical schools (I know - wasted a lot of money) .....waiting to hear from some and rejected from others....Here's my stat: GPA: 3.9 and MCAT: 26. I know my MCAT is low, but I still wanted to apply and see. But now, having NO interviews and NO success, I don't know what to do? I mean, I am graduating in May and if I don't get into this year, what are my options? I need advice as to what are some other programs (masters or something) I should be looking at during my one year that i will be wasting and will actually help me.....please try to be specific if you can.....Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is great. You don't need to prove yourself academically. You DO need to repeat the MCAT and get a higher score (especially in verbal). Meanwhile get a job in a lab or clinical venue, and keep working on your extracurriculars. Don't do a masters unless you want to learn the material or it will assist you towards a Plan B occupation if you don't get accepted to med school.

If you did not take a formal MCAT prep course last time, strongly consider paying the $1600 or so, and do it this time.

Last edited: