unlucky87

10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I applied to a lot of medical schools (I know - wasted a lot of money) .....waiting to hear from some and rejected from others....Here's my stat: GPA: 3.9 and MCAT: 26. I know my MCAT is low, but I still wanted to apply and see. But now, having NO interviews and NO success, I don't know what to do? I mean, I am graduating in May and if I don't get into this year, what are my options? I need advice as to what are some other programs (masters or something) I should be looking at during my one year that i will be wasting and will actually help me.....please try to be specific if you can.....Thanks.

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
Your GPA is great. You don't need to prove yourself academically. You DO need to repeat the MCAT and get a higher score (especially in verbal). Meanwhile get a job in a lab or clinical venue, and keep working on your extracurriculars. Don't do a masters unless you want to learn the material or it will assist you towards a Plan B occupation if you don't get accepted to med school.

If you did not take a formal MCAT prep course last time, strongly consider paying the $1600 or so, and do it this time.

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.