Need some advise in Achiever DAT.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ongoingdat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My DAT is next Thursday and I purchased achiever.
I know I've heard many things about achiever, it's hard,, it's good source but too hard.. whatever..
And I know some ppl just don't buy it so that they don't lose confidence bf the real DAT.

I knew all those facts and bought it and I do have some concerns..
I just did NS I and NS II and this is seriously wayyyy too hard.
Also PAT is Ridiculous.... omg it's sososo hard.

I can't even finish it in a given time..
Gchem requires too many calculations.
Also Bio is idk, for me it's too detailed.

I feel like i'm just complaining customer.. lol

I try not to be freaking out since it's only the mock DAT but should I just not do the achiever? it's really annoying........

Any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I made a similar post the other day. My scores were actualy Bio 15 Chem 16 Ochem 19 Pat 19 Rc 20 Math 22 AA 18... From off the top of my head. I too thought the Bio was very detailed. I just went through it today looking at mistakes and realized I made about 4 really dumb mistakes. Chose correct instead of incorrect or something like that. Same with gen chem. They help me to study harder but also I like going through the answers.

I would say do them... and use them for timing. But if you feel that it is crushing the ego and is going to affect your real DAT in a negative way then don't use them. Just one opinion though.:)

Can you guys post Achiever scores? I am trying the first Achiever test tonight- we can compare things! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a similar post the other day. My scores were actualy Bio 15 Chem 16 Ochem 19 Pat 19 Rc 20 Math 22 AA 18... From off the top of my head. I too thought the Bio was very detailed. I just went through it today looking at mistakes and realized I made about 4 really dumb mistakes. Chose correct instead of incorrect or something like that. Same with gen chem. They help me to study harder but also I like going through the answers.

I would say do them... and use them for timing. But if you feel that it is crushing the ego and is going to affect your real DAT in a negative way then don't use them. Just one opinion though.:)

It makes me study hard :oops:

Just a quick advice, the RC and QR scores are not very comparable and also the science is a bit too detailed, so dont base anything on these scores. Like others say, use it as a way to get used to the format and in general to build stamina for the actual DAT. I based my RC scores and QR scores on the high numbers I was getting on Achiever and Topsocre so I never studied those two sections. And those 2 sections (especially RC) where by far my lowest sections. I was scoring 22's and lowest 21 on RC and ended up with a 15 on the real thing :eek:

Just a quick advice, the RC and QR scores are not very comparable and also the science is a bit too detailed, so dont base anything on these scores. Like others say, use it as a way to get used to the format and in general to build stamina for the actual DAT. I based my RC scores and QR scores on the high numbers I was getting on Achiever and Topsocre so I never studied those two sections. And those 2 sections (especially RC) where by far my lowest sections. I was scoring 22's and lowest 21 on RC and ended up with a 15 on the real thing :eek:

Any suggestions to the rest of us as to what you'd do differently the second time (if you had to take a second time) to improve your score?

I took RC1 on achiever and scored a 20 or a 22 on it so my score is comparable to yours, so I'm pretty curious.

What passages did u get? And...how were your other sections' results comparable to your real DAT results?

PAT 20
QR 24
RC 19
BIO 16
GC 20
OC 19​

This is what I got....sigh...it was freaking hard and frustrating :scared:

What passages did u get? And...how were your other sections' results comparable to your real DAT results?

The other sections were very comparable to Topscore, I was scoring around 18, sometime 17 sometimes 19 in the sciences and I ended up getting just that on the real thing, my science scores were not close to my Achiever scores, they were higher.

Any suggestions to the rest of us as to what you'd do differently the second time (if you had to take a second time) to improve your score?

I took RC1 on achiever and scored a 20 or a 22 on it so my score is comparable to yours, so I'm pretty curious.

I cant really give any great advice as Iam preparing to take the DAT for the second time, Im shooting for the last week of this month. Honestly im scared sh**less of the RC section, because I know that alot of it depends on what passage you get and how fast you can read.

But this time around Im going to take more practice exams and actually study for the RC section and see which method works best for me, I only tried search and destroy method before.

The other sections were very comparable to Topscore, I was scoring around 18, sometime 17 sometimes 19 in the sciences and I ended up getting just that on the real thing, my science scores were not close to my Achiever scores, they were higher.

So your score for real DAT was higher than Achiever results?

PAT 20​

QR 24
RC 19
BIO 16
GC 20
OC 19

your scores are pretty good, dont worry, try topscore and you'll see your scores jump up by a point or even 2.

PAT 20
QR 24
RC 19
BIO 16
GC 20
OC 19​

You did well! compared to my score...
I decided not to care about the practice exam score. haha
Bio is my biggest concern though

I bombed all the achiever tests. They are definitely not a good indicator. On the other hand Topscore was not very helpful either as all the tests cover the same exact material just worded differently. Is anyone else frustrated by the fact that all the Topscore Bio and PAT questions were complete repeats????
I wish there was another test to study from.
I scored on bio between 14-17 on achiever and the real bio got a 22! But I also read my college textbook, Cliffs, Kaplan BB and went through Destroyer 3 times!!
I found that the original ADA test was a decent indicator. It was easy but I scored the same on that and on the real DAT!!

I bombed achiever and still did ok on the DAT (you can look at my scores on the breakdown), but just go over the entire test and note what you got wrong. its a very helpful and motivating tool, at least for me it was a wake up call telling me that i needed to study more!:D

I finally broke down and bought Achiever and I will say that it is hard but I do like the explanations that they give and find them to be really useful in learning what I did wrong.