Need some advises, ideas, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonjinse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be a senior pre-med in my undergrad. This is my info:
1. I'm a English-second lang student
2. I retook general bios 1 and 2 (the final grades I got are C+ and B)
3. I retook general chem 2 and 3 because I got C- and C in both classes (final grades I got B+ and A-)
4. I retook Ochem 2, 3 times! First time I got D, second time I got C- (because my dad was sick and I was the only person that can speak English). The third time I got B+
5. I'm taking ochem 3 right now (in summer quarter with other 3 classes for my financial aid). I push alot of effort for this class because I don't want to retaking classes anymore. However, I feel like I'm going to fail with class again. I got 57 for the 1st exam (ave. was 62); got 37 for the 2nd exam (ave was 50). This prof said he won't give any curve. :'(

I know my info looks so bad, ugly, horrible. I'm so sad right now. I just got my 2nd exam back this morning.

Do you guys think that I still have a chance for DO school? I really want to be a doctor, not because of money. I want to help people, patients and etc.

Members don't see this ad.

What is your gpa or mcat? These are most important. Of course you can get into school. dO school takes grade replacement so you may have to go back and re take classes, but most of us do so don't sweat. Just keep trying to make A's and don't settle for less

OK.......This is going to be rough.

When you apply to schools they average all of the grades you got in each subject. ( example: chemistry 0% and chemistry re-take 100% = chemistry 50%) Brutal I know, but true.

Honestly, if you can get A's in basic science you probably won't make it through medical school. Its brutal I know, but you could flunk out with 50k, 100k in debt.

Medical school is just plain hard. It tests you in every way imaginable. Its also not all that its cracked up to be. Patients treat you like crap, most people is hospitals are miserable.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK.......This is going to be rough.

When you apply to schools they average all of the grades you got in each subject. ( example: chemistry 0% and chemistry re-take 100% = chemistry 50%) Brutal I know, but true.

Honestly, if you can get A's in basic science you probably won't make it through medical school. Its brutal I know, but you could flunk out with 50k, 100k in debt.

Medical school is just plain hard. It tests you in every way imaginable. Its also not all that its cracked up to be. Patients treat you like crap, most people is hospitals are miserable.

No, DO schools take the most recent grade in any given class and replaces it. So, in your example, the grade would be 100%

Hope is not lost OP. Re-group and get your A's.

** No one knows your chances here until you have a GPA and MCAT score to share

Thank you so much everybody...
I haven't taken the MCAT yet. I hope that I will get 3.3 for the science classes overall.
I am so nervous and disappointed right now. My prof didn't curve at all :(