Need some application advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Torkey

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont mean to create another "what are my chances thread" but I need to get some advice and opinions from others who have applied or have been applying before. I've been out of High school since may 02, and taking classes at the local community college since. I've changed my major first, beginning with pharmacy, and i pretty much ended back up with pharm as my decision. The only class I really have left Pre-req wise is physics. I have taken a LOT of classes lol, and my GPA after this semseter is lookin like a 3.0-3.1. (I had some business courses that i took twice towards the beginning and didnt do so hot at KILL my GPA)...however my chem grades are A's for the most part except for maybe one lab which was a B, and my orgo grades are A's and B's...stats and calc was rough for me and I ended up with C's..my bio 2 class i did poor in at first, but i retook it this semester and looking at an A...I have pharmacy tech experience at walgreens, and strong letters of reference, any my plan is to pretty much apply all over the country maybe like 20 schools..i dont care where I end up as long as its somewhere. I only had like a 55 pcat score (btwn working 50 hours a week and taking 4 classes, study time was minimal) howver I'm taking off all next month and studying for the next test so I can hopefully bring that score up a bit higher. any advice or recommended places to apply??

Members don't see this ad.

My advice is to retake some of the courses that you didn't do too well. Retake the PCAT if you have the time to study for it.

I don't know if you're planning to get a degree but aim for a bachelor degree to make you more competitive.

I believe you can apply this year if you like.

Good luck!

You should definitely research the schools and have a range of picks like your top choice and the safety schools, also think about applying to newer schools just in case. Def do well on the pcat and see if you can take higher level classes like biochem, microbio - university level.