Need some guidance / advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TJM1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently at a Community College now and have decided to go pre-med. I already took Bio I and Bio II before I was pre-med and got a A and B in them. But I have recently found out that Med Schools want you to take the pre-reqs at a University (Im transferring to one after this year). I am quite weak in Math and Science though as I just had to withdrawl from Physics I. My question is, should I take courses that will get me better at Math and Science while at Community College and save the important pre-reqs (Chem, Physics, Organic Chem) for a University??? Any guidance or advice would be GREATLY appreciated

TJM

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently at a Community College now and have decided to go pre-med. I already took Bio I and Bio II before I was pre-med and got a A and B in them. But I have recently found out that Med Schools want you to take the pre-reqs at a University (Im transferring to one after this year). I am quite weak in Math and Science though as I just had to withdrawl from Physics I. My question is, should I take courses that will get me better at Math and Science while at Community College and save the important pre-reqs (Chem, Physics, Organic Chem) for a University??? Any guidance or advice would be GREATLY appreciated

TJM
Community College is a great place to take foundation math classes and English, and other Gen Eds. You've already taken Bio at the CC, so be sure to take some upper-level Bio at the university level to prove your capability.