Jan 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
hi there
My name is Mohammad Abd al maaboud , from Egypt . i want some information about tansitional year residency , i wanna know the design of the program and curriculum . and if differs from hospital to another

some links to contact with transitional year residency programs would be nice

M A Abd al maaboud

Last edited:

smq123

John William Waterhouse
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Moving to the Internship forum.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
hi there
My name is Mohammad Abd al maaboud , from Egypt . i want some information about tansitional year residency , i wanna know the design of the program and curriculum . and if differs from hospital to another

some links to contact with transitional year residency programs would be nice

M A Abd al maaboud
Transitional year residencies are one year internships which tend to involve rotating through different specialties a month at a time. While they were originally designed to let people have another year in which to decide on a specialty, they are rarely used for that today. Many are regarded as cushy, compared to preliminary years, and since they satisfy the preliminary year requirements of many advanced ROAD specialties, they can often be the hardest things to get in the match, because every top derm, optho or rads resident wants one. They vary from hospital to hospital, some known as cushier than others. Very few IMGs end up with them. You can find transitional programs and contact info through the Frieda website. But I suspect this isn't really what you are looking for unless you are realistically applying for top advanced residencies and looking for a more relaxed initial year.