Need some help on formulary review paper

Started by konkan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

konkan

coup de grace
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been assigned to prepare a formulary review of Factiv(e) (gemifloxacin). Could somebody tell me a good reference site on it? I must confess - research kills me, I can't stand it.
 
I'd give PubMed.com a try. Look for all available clinical data on the efficacy and safety of the drug.

What is the formulary indication for the drug? I mean, what is it being reviewed for?

You may want to contact the manufacturer for phase 3 data that are unpublished so that you can look at the company's research.

Until you give more information, there's not much I can go on.
 
It proves another one of my anecdotes...

"Everyone wants a job..but nobody wants to work."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd give PubMed.com a try. Look for all available clinical data on the efficacy and safety of the drug.

What is the formulary indication for the drug? I mean, what is it being reviewed for?

You may want to contact the manufacturer for phase 3 data that are unpublished so that you can look at the company's research.

Until you give more information, there's not much I can go on.

I am a student and this paper is for my school, therefore my assignment doesn't have to be that much sophisticated.
 
If you could post the assignment, I can try to help direct you where to go. But primary literature is one of the best source of information, especially when it comes to obscure or new medications. Chances are, you won't find much information in tertiary texts such as Mandell.