Need some help on PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am just curious how you people studyed for PAT section.
I am fine with Angle Ranking/Hole Punching/Cube Counting.
But, I am struggling with Keyholes and Top-Front-End... and some Pattern Folding problems..

Any suggestions??
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Not really sure about the parts you're having problems with. But the Angle Ranking on the DAT was much harder than any of the practice tests I've taken. All 4 angles look EXACTLY the same.

Any suggestions??
Thanks!!

Practice, practice, practice! If you do enough problems, they will start to become second nature.

If you need study aids, Barron's PAT section is good, Kaplan blue book is okay, and Crack the PAT seems to be good based on others' reviews (I didn't use it).

Crack DAT PAT is by far the best program I've used! If you practice and practice on the Crack DAT PAT, youll do fine on the actual exam. Angles are pretty hard on the real test. Top/Front/End sometimes takes the longest but try and get those down, it just takes a lot of repitition but there is hope, that used to be my hardest section and after enough studying, it just clicked! I was then getting consistent 14/15 and 15/15 on top/front/end, before that I was getting 6/15's!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. Practicing with Crack PAT definitely would help you on the perceptual part of the exam. Angles are often "hit or miss" on the test. Sometimes the angles have such a small difference that it is hard to tell. Some ppl actually hold up the whiteboard to compare angles, but I have not done that personally. (Just be sure not to touch the screen!!) For Top/front/end, there is a definite strategy of counting the dotted and solid lines. But really all of it is practice practice practice! Oh and if you do get Crack PAT, don't worry if you get lower scores than you expected. I was consistently getting 18's and 19's but got a 24 on the real test. I wish you the best of luck!

Crack DAT PAT is by far the best program I've used! If you practice and practice on the Crack DAT PAT, youll do fine on the actual exam. Angles are pretty hard on the real test. Top/Front/End sometimes takes the longest but try and get those down, it just takes a lot of repitition but there is hope, that used to be my hardest section and after enough studying, it just clicked! I was then getting consistent 14/15 and 15/15 on top/front/end, before that I was getting 6/15's!

Woah.. 14 to 15 on top/front/end part? I respect that!
I am getting like 7 out of 15.. and sometimes i got like 10 out of 15..
I guess I need to practice more

Anyway, thanks ppl!