Need Some Help Please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the moose

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys know where i can find programs where you can earn a masters degree in a year and then apply to that schools med or DO program. I've heard of Finch and Georgetown. Do you guys know of any else and where i can find more info about it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Southern Illinois Has a year post-bacc program

The AAMC publishes a list of <a href="http://www.aamc.org/students/considering/postbac.htm" target="_blank">post-baccalaureate programs</a>. I could not find a similar list on the AACOM web-site.

I know that DMU and Nova offer DO-MPH programs.

Many med school's DO or MD offer DO-PhD or MD-PhD programs.

You don't really get "in" as a Master's student per se. You have to apply primarily as a medical student that is also looking for an additional degree.

I know that Wayne State in Detroit offers a medically-related Masters that can be used as a tool to get you into the MD program. It is no guarantee but is VERY helpful at that particular school.

In the end, the schools want to see a med applicant foremost rather than a Master's student trying to step up into medicine.