Need some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DORoe

BWAAA HAAA HAAA
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to help my cousin to understand the process of applying to dental schools. I am going to medical school so I really don't know about how the whole process works and was wondering if someone on this board could help me out a little bit with a few questions that she asked me.

1. Exactly what is the structure of the DAT? I assume that it covers similar stuff to the MCAT, but has some other part to it that I really don't understand? How is the test scored?

2. What stats do you need to be competetive to most dental schools? I assume that she will be looking for schools in Ohio so if anyone knows that information that would be helpful.

3. Is there an application service like the AMCAS or do you apply to each school individually?

Thank you in advance for this information.

Members don't see this ad.

1. DAT tests math up to Trigonometry, biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, reading comprehension, and perceptual aptitude (visual perception of objects, kind of like how one has to visualize different perspectives and hidden features in mechanical drafting schematics, judgment of angles, etc.).

2. A DAT score of 20DAT/20PAT is very competitive. GPA in the mid-3's is good. That will make your cousin an almost sure-thing for the two Ohio schools-- OSU and Case Western.

3. Yes, there is indeed a dental school application service. The AADSAS. For fall admission, one should start applying in the May of the previous year.

HTH.

Thanks a lot i appreciate your help! :thumbup: