Need some honest advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aks47

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:

I was hoping that I could get some opinions/advice on my current situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

I've already applied to RCSI, TCD, and UCD through ABP. My MCATs are not stellar, and as a result, I will be retaking them in April 2006. Right now, ABP does NOT know that I will be retaking the MCATs as I did not indicate this on my application. Should I tell them? Does it help/hurt me?

On a sort of unrelated topic. Does anybody know if RCSI is conducting interviews in February and in May. The confirmation email that I received from ABP indicated that there are only going to be May interviews.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to everyone out there.

-- aks47

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I would say it wouldn't hurt, however the impression I get is that by the time your new scores come out in June, their decision process will be over. However, from what I've read, Ireland schools are not as score-based as others (like the US). You may not need the increased score. What are the rest of your qualifications?

aks47 said:
Hello:

I was hoping that I could get some opinions/advice on my current situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

I've already applied to RCSI, TCD, and UCD through ABP. My MCATs are not stellar, and as a result, I will be retaking them in April 2006. Right now, ABP does NOT know that I will be retaking the MCATs as I did not indicate this on my application. Should I tell them? Does it help/hurt me?

On a sort of unrelated topic. Does anybody know if RCSI is conducting interviews in February and in May. The confirmation email that I received from ABP indicated that there are only going to be May interviews.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to everyone out there.

-- aks47