Need Some Info Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aomega

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been debating about heading over to India for dental school, but I wanted to know if you guys had any good advice for me as to do it or not. Dental has always been in my dreams, but it looks very slim as to me getting into a school here. I was looking at maybe Manipal or schools in Pune.

Once you get your degree there, if you want to come back and practice here, what do you have to go through to make that happen? Do you have to go through an advanced standing program? Is it extremely difficult?

Any sort of help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea how this really works. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Unlike doing medicine in India, going to dental school in India may not be a viable option for someone who wants to come to the US and practise- you will be wasting precious years in almost repeating your training once you get back here- though taking the advanced standing program is an option.
I don't see much gain- you need to get re-credentialed here, you will have to take the boards anyways.
Doing it in India may be better than not getting into dental school at all, but I don't think it is an easy option otherwise.

well i don know, like u said dentistry is ur dream ! so i feel even if u do it from India due to any reason like not gettin a seat here do it from a good school like Manipal and i think passing the boards will not be a problem for you. Ofcourse u have to study and maintain a good GPA. Also getting into Manipal is not easy as u think they have an enterance exam even for non Indian residents which u have to pass and get a rank. But rest assured passing through Manipal you wont find boards difficult. Going through interview phases at many schools i also realised the faculty know Manipal well for there is huge Manipal Alumni studyin here and even graduated and practising great.
all the best