Need some Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chumbojumbo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay for those who dont know, Long story short, Im an IMG who failed to Match after 2 years. I have pretty decent scores and LoRs, I just wanted to do EM and it didnt work out. Basically, at this point I need a blankin job.

Now, I am thinking of alternatives. Quick question, can I open up a Medical spa business and just do botox injections and laser hair removal all day, or would I need a residency/license to do that? Any other ideas or info would be much appreciated. (Much love to all my homies in the EM forum holding it down.)

Thanks,

CJ

Members don't see this ad.

Now, I am thinking of alternatives. Quick question, can I open up a Medical spa business and just do botox injections and laser hair removal all day, or would I need a residency/license to do that? Any other ideas or info would be much appreciated. (Much love to all my homies in the EM forum holding it down.)

Pretty sure that as a bare minimum you need to have finished your intern year so you can get a full state medical license to practice. If you're thinking of advertising yourself NOT as a doctor but rather as some "health professional," well, then I'm not sure. But would patients even come to a place that didn't have at least a licensed physician on staff?

Not to mention that to purchase some of the equipment used in medi-spas requires a medical license to buy.

There's been a lot of talk around here about doing a hair transplant training program. Quite lucrative and doesn't require a residency. I would do a search for further information as this may be an option for you.

I met a surgeon trained outside who works in LA as a cosmetologist, removing hairs and botox injections. She has yet to take the MLEs so that means she hasn't done internship yet. Not sure if this is legal though, but well, she's doing it.