Need some input!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmccle5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, so I just finished the DAT and need some type of input because I'm a little worried. My scores are average but not GREAT. This is the second time I've taken it. I did a little better in the sub-categories, but not too much!...

My first time - 5/26
PAT- 18
QR - 17
RC - 18
Biology - 18
G. Chem - 17
Organic - 23
TS - 19
AA - 19

Second time - 9/17
PAT - 19
QR - 16 :(
RC - 22
Biology - 19
G. Chem - 19
Organic - 21
TS - 19
AA- 19

GPA - 3.55
Science GPA - 3.5

I pretty much thing I'm AVERAGE. I've applied to 7 schools, so I'm hoping to get an interview from at least one! Haven't heard from any of them yet. :( Just got to submit my app to my home state (LSU) so hopefully I hear from them soon! I studied Kaplan and Destroyer (which I highly recommend). I just don't know if my scores are competitive enough.. input? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok guys, so I just finished the DAT and need some type of input because I'm a little worried. My scores are average but not GREAT. This is the second time I've taken it. I did a little better in the sub-categories, but not too much!...

My first time - 5/26
PAT- 18
QR - 17
RC - 18
Biology - 18
G. Chem - 17
Organic - 23
TS - 19
AA - 19

Second time - 9/17
PAT - 19
QR - 16 :(
RC - 22
Biology - 19
G. Chem - 19
Organic - 21
TS - 19
AA- 19

GPA - 3.55
Science GPA - 3.5

I pretty much thing I'm AVERAGE. I've applied to 7 schools, so I'm hoping to get an interview from at least one! Haven't heard from any of them yet. :( Just got to submit my app to my home state (LSU) so hopefully I hear from them soon! I studied Kaplan and Destroyer (which I highly recommend). I just don't know if my scores are competitive enough.. input? Thanks!

i would have applied w/ the first scores....mine are similar but higher than yours and i have 5 interviews so far

Oh don't worry, I definately applied with the first scores! I just retook it to see if I could get better. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to apply to a lot of schools so I only applied to southern schools (around where I'm from). And I know they are very particular about out-of-staters. I'm just hoping for the best...

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry too much. My GPA is a little lower than yours and I have very similar DAT scores (just a little higher in PAT), and I also applied to 7 schools. As of now, I have three interview invites! You'll be fine.

Don't worry about QR, everyone who retook this year got a lower QR. At least that's what they have been posting.